Wednesday, September 10, 2014
Re-posting my original post from September 11, 2012. I couldn't help but notice it could just as easily be released as an original today. Perhaps, in light of tonight's speech from the apparent war monger formerly known as the Appeaser-In-Chief, the points concerning American leadership would have to reshaped to point out speechification without sustained and consistent action afterward isn't leadership.
Nine Thoughts on the Eleventh Anniversary of 9/11
(1) The so-called "War on Terror" is a conflict between incompatible civilizations. On one side is the target - western civilization, sprouting from the principles of free will introduced to mankind by the Age of Enlightenment. On the other side is the aggressor - Radical Islamism - a religiously political ideology stuck in a backward 7th Century model of tyrannical dictation to its followers.
(2) The US Constitution and sharia law are completely and utterly incompatible.
(3) They don't hate us for anything we've done. They hate us because their ideology instructs them to hate infidels.
(4) We have been relatively safe over the past eleven years due to thousands upon thousands of unheralded heroes quietly doing the work they were born and/or trained to do in the context of America's exceptional opportunity society. These heroes labor in the FBI, CIA, and various other agencies including the uniformed armed services. These heroes write computer programs, utilize "gamer" skills flying unmanned drones, analyze telephone wire recordings, drive humvees through god-forsaken landscapes, and perform a thousand other functions I could not possibly fully catalog.
(5) These unheralded heroes continue to keep us safe despite the failed leadership of the current administration.
(6) The geopolitical situation in the Middle East grows more dangerous by the day, and Radical Islam grows stronger there, because of the failed leadership of the current administration.
(7) Ultimately, western civilization surviving this conflict depends on American global leadership, which is not being provided by the current administration.
(8) If Tehran acquires the ability to deliver nuclear warheads into the population centers of western civilization, it will be due to the failed leadership of the current administration.
(9) Western civilization should thank God it has an independently led outpost named Israel to take care of business while we are stuck with the failed leadership of the current administration.
Memo to Shrillary! 2016! campaign: Benghazi ain't goin' nowhere anytime soon.
Posted by LibertyAtStake at 9:56 PM